I am a girl who LOVES to read! Lucky for me, I'm a fast reader and can devour a book in hours. This blog is to help me keep track of the books I've read, with comments on the noteworthy. Maybe you'll find a book worth reading.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

I really enjoy Shannon Hale's books about strong female characters who are able to achieve their goals without help.  The main character of this book is a simple rural farmer, not the princess she is entombed in a tower with.  Dashti is faithful to her princess, making sure she remains well groomed and nourished, while dreaming of life beyond the tower.  When the situation grows desperate, she manages to free them both from the tower and they set off across a devastated countryside.  I enjoyed the 1st person perspective of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment