I am a girl who LOVES to read! Lucky for me, I'm a fast reader and can devour a book in hours. This blog is to help me keep track of the books I've read, with comments on the noteworthy. Maybe you'll find a book worth reading.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

An Ordinary Man

by Paul Rasesabagina


The movie Hotel Rwanda is based on experience from Paul's life.  When civil war causes absolute chaos in Rwanda, Paul uses his position as a hotel manager in a luxury hotel to save over 1,000 from the genocide. Their ordeal is hallowing and he truly didn't know if they'd survive.  Using  his understanding of how people work, he is able to save lives several times by  meeting face to face with officials.  


The title invokes to be the idea that it only takes ordinary people to stand in the face of evil and make a true and lasting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment