I am a girl who LOVES to read! Lucky for me, I'm a fast reader and can devour a book in hours. This blog is to help me keep track of the books I've read, with comments on the noteworthy. Maybe you'll find a book worth reading.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver Pictures, Images and Photos

I enjoy fantasy books and am an avid reader of teen fantasy.  I like them because since they are written for a younger audience, they are usually free of some "adult" topics I'd rather avoid.  That being said, there is a scene in Shiver that I don't agree with so read it forwarned that it doesn't teach good moral values.  While the characters in Twilight wait until after they are married, the characters in Shiver do not and they don't feel bad afterwords.

This book reminded me a lot of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series.  You have a moral girl in love with a werewolf who spends a lot of time yearning for him and wishing she also shared his affliction.  She even drives a big truck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment