I am a girl who LOVES to read! Lucky for me, I'm a fast reader and can devour a book in hours. This blog is to help me keep track of the books I've read, with comments on the noteworthy. Maybe you'll find a book worth reading.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Trails End Bookstore, Winthrop, WA

Trails End Bookstore

Each year when we travel to Winthrop, the kids and I have to spend at least a few hours browsing in this wonderful independent bookstore.  I think the owners have read most of the books they stock and they have wonderful reviews and recommondations posted around the store.  We've found some terrific books and authors through our browsing.  Of course, being the cheapskates that we are, we browse the store with paper and pencil in hand.  Once we have a list of books that we'll get from the library when we get home, we each select one book we think is better than all the rest to purchase.  There aren't many things better than sitting in the shade on the edge of the lake, diving into an interesting new book and being able to look up and watch the children playing in the water, knowing I can jump in and join them at any time.

As long as you're in Winthrop, you really have to go to the Duck Brand Cantina across the street.  They have an absolutely amazing eclair.  It's about 8" across and looks like a cream puff covered in chocolate.  Inside, there is fresh pastry cream (fancy vanilla pudding) and real whipped cream.  The chocolate on top is gilding the lily.  You have to eat it with a knife and fork but it is worth every calorie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment